The union representing over 7,000 mental health care workers is calling on the province to help end “an epidemic of violence” that has caused workplace stress to skyrocket and is sending injured workers to hospital on a regular basis.
October 10, 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of World Mental Health Day. This year’s theme, from the World Health Organization (WHO), is “Mental health in the workplace.”
Staff at the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Elgin branch held an info picket on Wednesday in response to harassment by upper management in their workplace. CTV London News was there to cover the event.
Ontario Public Service Employees Union President Warren (Smokey) Thomas traveled to St. Thomas on October 4 to support staff members at Canadian Mental Health Association, Elgin County at an information picket against local management. Thomas said staff in St.
St Thomas – Staff at the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Elgin branch held an info picket this afternoon in response to harassment by upper management in their workplace.
Select an item from this list for content specific to your employer.
- Across Boundaries: An Ethnoracial Mental Health Centre
- Addiction and Mental Health Services-Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington
- Brockville Mental Health Centre - O&C
- Brockville Mental Health Centre - Paramedical
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Cochrane Timiskaming
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Elgin
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Ontario Division
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Oxford
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Sault Ste Marie
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Thunder Bay
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Wellington / Waterloo / Dufferin
- Carillion Services Canada (CAMH) Inc
- Centre for Addiction & Mental Health
- Honeywell and St. Joseph's Health Care London
- Lakeridge Health Corporation - Pinewood Centre
- Leeds and Grenville Mental Health
- Mental Health Services Hastings Prince Edward Corp
- Nipissing Mental Health Housing Support Services
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - Paramedical
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - RNs
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - Service and O&C
- Parkdale Activity Rec Centre
- Providence Continuing Care Centre - Mental Health
- Saint Elizabeth, Community Crisis Response Program
- Saint Elizabeth, Peel Crisis Services
- St. Joseph's Care Group - O&C
- St. Joseph's Care Group - Paramed
- St. Joseph's Care Group - RNs
- Trinity Square Cafe Inc
- Waypoint Centre For Mental Health Care
- Wellington Psychiatric Outreach Program
Waypoint: Stay Safe, Be Safe
Health Care Divisional Council
Support Mental Health Week May 2-8
OPSEU is encouraging all of its members to mark Mental Health Week on their calendars. This is an important week for all Canadians, not just those suffering mental health issues. It is also an opportunity to educate ourselves about how our mental health impacts our overall health. more...