Ottawa – The Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) continues to grow in strength, with 61 staff at Maison Fraternité voting to become members of the union. The agency provides treatment and rehabilitation services for francophones with addictions and/or mental health issues.
Hamilton – Employees with the Hamilton branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) who provide services to adults with serious mental illness have voted to join the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU).
OPSEU President Warren (Smokey) Thomas sent the letter below to Ontario Minister of Labour Minister Kevin Flynn today regarding a research project announced last week
The OPSEU RPN Occupational Division sent the following letter of support to the members of the CAAT-A Division, currently on strike.
November 3, 2017
Dear members of CAAT-A (College Faculty) Division,
Pensions payouts are about to get better for members of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). Effective January 1, 2018, HOOPP is making changes to the way it calculates pension payouts. All of the changes mean more money in the pockets of HOOPP members.
Select an item from this list for content specific to your employer.
- Across Boundaries: An Ethnoracial Mental Health Centre
- Addiction and Mental Health Services-Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington
- Brockville Mental Health Centre - O&C
- Brockville Mental Health Centre - Paramedical
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Cochrane Timiskaming
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Elgin
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Ontario Division
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Oxford
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Sault Ste Marie
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Thunder Bay
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Wellington / Waterloo / Dufferin
- Carillion Services Canada (CAMH) Inc
- Centre for Addiction & Mental Health
- Honeywell and St. Joseph's Health Care London
- Lakeridge Health Corporation - Pinewood Centre
- Leeds and Grenville Mental Health
- Mental Health Services Hastings Prince Edward Corp
- Nipissing Mental Health Housing Support Services
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - Paramedical
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - RNs
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - Service and O&C
- Parkdale Activity Rec Centre
- Providence Continuing Care Centre - Mental Health
- Saint Elizabeth, Community Crisis Response Program
- Saint Elizabeth, Peel Crisis Services
- St. Joseph's Care Group - O&C
- St. Joseph's Care Group - Paramed
- St. Joseph's Care Group - RNs
- Trinity Square Cafe Inc
- Waypoint Centre For Mental Health Care
- Wellington Psychiatric Outreach Program
Waypoint: Stay Safe, Be Safe
Health Care Divisional Council
Support Mental Health Week May 2-8
OPSEU is encouraging all of its members to mark Mental Health Week on their calendars. This is an important week for all Canadians, not just those suffering mental health issues. It is also an opportunity to educate ourselves about how our mental health impacts our overall health. more...