With the clock ticking down to 12:01 strike deadline today, workers at Nipissing Mental Health Housing and Support Services reached a tentative agreement with their employer. The deal was ratified later this morning at a meeting of the membership, represented by OPSEU Local 662.
Workers at Nipissing Mental Health Housing and Support Services in North Bay staged a successful information picket yesterday less than 48 hours before possible strike action.
The Durham Labour Council has honoured OPSEU’s campaign for workplace safety at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences with two awards.
Local 331 President Yvonne Lewis has won the Council’s health and safety award for her tireless advocacy on behalf of staff at the Centre.
WHITBY -- Norma Gunn has been the victim of 16 assaults at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences. An award-winning nurse, she is now struggling to recover from the last, which has left her with both physical injuries and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Members of OPSEU Local 439, Brockville Mental Health Centre of the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, have received a significant award from Arbitrator Brian Keller. Local 439 is made up of two bargaining units, hospital professionals and hospital support.
Select an item from this list for content specific to your employer.
- Across Boundaries: An Ethnoracial Mental Health Centre
- Brockville Mental Health Centre - O&C
- Brockville Mental Health Centre - Paramedical
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Cochrane Timiskaming
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Elgin
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Ontario Division
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Oxford
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Sault Ste Marie
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Thunder Bay
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Wellington / Waterloo / Dufferin
- Carillion Services Canada (CAMH) Inc
- Centre for Addiction & Mental Health
- Frontenac Community Mental Health Services
- Honeywell and St. Joseph's Health Care London
- Lakeridge Health Corporation - Pinewood Centre
- Leeds and Grenville Mental Health
- Mental Health Services Hastings Prince Edward Corp
- Nipissing Mental Health Housing Support Services
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - Paramedical
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - RNs
- Ontario Shores Centre For Mental Health Sciences - Service and O&C
- Parkdale Activity Rec Centre
- Providence Continuing Care Centre - Mental Health
- Saint Elizabeth, Community Crisis Response Program
- Saint Elizabeth, Peel Crisis Services
- St. Joseph's Care Group - O&C
- St. Joseph's Care Group - Paramed
- St. Joseph's Care Group - RNs
- Trinity Square Cafe Inc
- Waypoint Centre For Mental Health Care
- Wellington Psychiatric Outreach Program
Waypoint: Stay Safe, Be Safe
Health Care Divisional Council
Support Mental Health Week May 2-8
OPSEU is encouraging all of its members to mark Mental Health Week on their calendars. This is an important week for all Canadians, not just those suffering mental health issues. It is also an opportunity to educate ourselves about how our mental health impacts our overall health. more...