Toronto – The Government of Canada must boost funding for health care and use its powers to rein in provinces that want to privatize the system, the Ontario Public Service Employees Union says.
Long Term Care Facilities
Toronto – Ontario’s Liberal government has ignored input from hundreds of patients, health care workers, and organizations to charge ahead with its latest health care legislation, the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) says.
Toronto – Big pay hikes for managers in the Ontario Public Service are a sure sign the province can afford to put money into public services and roll back years of public sector wage cuts, the President of the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) says.
Members of the public have until Wednesday, November 23 at 6 p.m. to make submissions to the legislative committee studying Bill 41, the Patients First Act. When passed, the new bill will overhaul much of Ontario’s health care system.
On Monday, November 14, OPSEU made a submission to the Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care on the Scarborough/West Durham hospital merger proposal. The union is deeply concerned that the plan to merge the Rouge Valley Health System with the Scarborough Hospital and Lakeridge Health will
Select an item from this list for content specific to your employer.
- Aberdeen Gardens (2178949 Ontario Inc)
- Access Better Living Inc
- Bayview Retirement Home (1187655 Ontario Ltd)
- Bonnie Brae Health Care Centre Ltd
- Bridge Street Retirement Residence
- Casey House Hospice
- Cedarwood Gardens Retirement Home
- Clarendon Foundation
- Conway Opportunity Homes Inc
- Edgewater Gardens Long Term Care Centre
- Extendicare (Canada) Inc
- Grey Gables County Home For The Aged
- Guelph Independent Living
- Hillcrest Village
- Independence Centre & Network (ICAN)
- James Street Place (1192473 Ontario Ltd)
- Joyce Scott Non-Profit Homes Inc cob As Independent Living Halton
- Lakeland Long Term Services Corporation
- Lee Manor Home For The Aged
- March of Dimes Canada - Hamilton Outreach
- March of Dimes Canada - Oakville
- March of Dimes Canada - Villa Verdi
- Meaford Long Term Care Centre
- Niagara District Homes Committee For Physically Disabled (Tanguay Place)
- Personal Choice Independent Living (PCIL)
- Pines Nursing Home (District Municipality of Muskoka)
- Regional Municipality of Halton - LTC Facility Service
- Royalcliffe Retirement Residence
- Seasons Retirement Communities (Owen Sound) LP Inc
- Sherwood Park Manor
- United Counties of Leeds & Grenville - Mapleview Lodge