Today marks Personal Support Worker Day across Ontario, a day to pay tribute to thousands of workers in settings such as hospitals, long-term care homes, community-based health providers or in their client’s homes.
In a letter to the editor of The Sault This Week, OPSEU President Smokey Thomas challenges local MPP David Orazietti's claim that the public supports his government's hospital funding policy.
Home support workers employed by ParaMed Health Care in Renfrew county have called for a strike vote on Jan. 14 after contract talks broke down on the eve of the Christmas-New Year holiday break.
Select an item from this list for content specific to your employer.
- Chatham Kent Health Alliance - O & C
- Deep River and District Hospital - Support
- Grey Bruce Health Services - O&C
- Grey Bruce Health Services - Service
- Hamilton Health Sciences - Security
- Headwaters Health Coporation - O&C
- Hotel Dieu Hospital Kingston - IT
- Hotel Dieu Hospital Kingston - O&C
- Hotel Dieu Hospital Kingston - Services
- Mackenzie Health - Service
- Muskoka Algonquin Health Care - O&C
- North Wellington Health Care Corporation
- Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital - O&C
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre - O&C
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre - O&C
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre - Service
- St. Francis Memorial Hospital - Service
- St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre (Hotel Dieu Cornwall) - Service FT
- St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre (Hotel Dieu Cornwall) - Service PT
- St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital - Service
- Stevenson Memorial Hospital Services
- The Scarborough Hospital - O&C
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre - Maintenance
- West Parry Sound Health Centre - Paramedical