Workers at the Art Gallery of Ontario will hold an information picket Wednesday to protest the AGO’s attack on good full-time jobs.
AGO workers have voted 96% in favour of a strike, confirming that they are ready to walk out if they are not offered a fair deal. Overwhelming turnout for the vote came as 39 employees were due to be let go.
The AGO has chopped staff once again, just one year after laying off experienced educators, collections experts and other crucial staff, and despite a recent cash injection from Ottawa
OPSEU local 535 at the AGO is still at the table with the employer after bargaining through the night. The strike deadline has been extended to 12 noon, Friday May 21.
TORONTO – Planned layoffs at the Art Gallery of Ontario will threaten programs and activities at the gallery and could impact the preservation of the collections, says the Ontario Public Service Employees Union.
Select an item from this list for content specific to your employer.
- Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Canwest DHI
- Casino Niagara and Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
- Legislative Assembly (NDP Caucus)
- OPSEU Pension Trust
- Ontario Pension Board
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Rideau Carleton Racetrack Slots
- Teranet Land Information Services Inc
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal