OPSEU recently called upon the provincial government to ensure timely access to mental health and youth services following a series of suicides in the Sarnia community.
With a Nov. 21, 2010 strike deadline quickly approaching, children’s mental health workers in Sudbury and area represented by OPSEU Local 666 held a rally on November 17 to back their demands for job security, improved hours of work, better recognition rights and improved wages.
Members of OPSEU Local 548 and management for the Geneva Centre for Autism have reached a tentative agreement on a new contract in marathon negotiations that ended early this morning.
Despite a pledge to meet in mediation with the union on Oct. 27, management at Geneva Centre for Autism in Toronto has already posted a notice to its website on Oct. 26 declaring its intention to lock out its employees on Oct. 29.
OPSEU Local 548 at the Geneva Centre for Autism has begun conciliation with the employer. In a huge show of support for their bargaining team, 98% of the members voted last week in favour of a strike mandate.
Funding must rise for residential services: OPSEU report
Select an item from this list for content specific to your employer.
- Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre
- Algoma Family Services
- Catulpa Community Support Services
- Central Toronto Youth Services
- Child & Family Centre / Centre de L'enfant et de la Famille
- Child Development Institute
- Children's Centre Thunder Bay
- Children's Community Network
- Children's Mental Health of Leeds and Grenville
- Community Adolescent Network of Hamilton
- Five Counties Children's Centre (ATCO)
- Frontenac Youth Services - Contract
- Frontenac Youth Services - FT
- Geneva Centre For Autism Communication & Language Disorders
- George Hull Family and Child Services
- Grandview Children's Centre
- Huron House Boys' Residential Home
- Integrated Services Northwest
- Kidsability Centre For Child Development
- Kinark Child & Family Services - Simcoe
- Lynwood Charlton Centre
- Madame Vanier Children's Services
- New Path Youth & Family Counselling
- One Kids Place
- Open Doors For Lanark Children
- Ottawa Children's Treatment Centre
- Pathstone Mental Health
- Pathways For Children & Youth
- Peterborough Youth Services
- Radius Child & Youth Services
- St. Clair Child & Youth Services
- Western Area Youth Services (WAYS)