Support workers at Canadian Blood Services have reached a tentative agreement after three days of heavy bargaining.
CBS & Diagnostics
The bargaining team most recently met with the employer in Toronto in October as efforts continue towards negotiating a new Collective Agreement. There are another three days booked for December 18 to 20.
Canadian Blood Services says the organization of the future is going to require fewer people. Caught in a funding squeeze by their provincial funders, CBS says they have to compete with other health priorities and money is getting tighter and tighter.
The bargaining team continues to meet with our employer in an attempt to reach a new Collective Agreement. The parties met in Toronto over the last few months with our last meeting being held in June. We are not scheduled to meet again until October.
After nine days of negotiations, three with the assistance of a Conciliator appointed by the Ministry of Labour, talks have broken off. The Union Bargaining Team is now requesting a “No Board Report” from the Ministry of Labour.
Select an item from this list for content specific to your employer.
- Canadian Blood Services - Sudbury
- Canadian Blood Services - Support Services (Toronto)
- Canadian Blood Services - Technologists (Toronto / Hamilton / Brampton)
- Cybermedix Health Services Ltd
- Lifelabs Medical Laboratory Services
- Myhealth Centre
- One Fertility Clinic
- Ontario Agency For Health Protection and Promotion
- Ottawa Fertility Centre Inc
- Public Health Ontario
- Sudbury Vascular Laboratory Ltd