Job Opportunities for Hospital Professionals
Job Posting - Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
April 29, 2016
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
|Union:||Ontario Public Service Employees Union|
|Posting Open Date:||2016-03-25|
|Posting Close Date:|
|Job Type:||Temporary Part Time|
|Temporary End Date (Anticipated):||2017-04-04|
|Shift:||Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, On Call|
|Days Off:||As Per Rotation|
|Rates of Pay:||Minimum: 30.04 per hour Maximum: 41.48 per hour|
|Category:||Diagnostic Imaging Services|
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer performs all Ultrasound procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical details. Assists radiologists in the performance of Ultrasound related special procedures.
- Perform all Ultrasound procedures as prescribed by physicians or radiologists
- Supervise student technologists during clinical placements
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in good working condition
- Liaise with bookings and patient floors as required
- Graduate from a recognized accredited school of Ultrasound Technology
- Active Member in good standing with the American Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or
- Active Member in good standing of the Sonography Canada
- One year experience demonstrating clinical competency in all aspects of Ultrasound Procedures
- Ultrasound experience in performing abdominal/pelvic, OB/GYN, small parts, MSK examinations; including IPS certification
- Working knowledge of RHPA
- Working knowledge of standards of practice for related field
- Able to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities
- Able to work independantly and co-operatively as part of a team
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrate ability to assess requests and prioritize them to ensure excellent and prompt patient care
- Maintain effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Unless otherwise stated, minimum educational requirement of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Demonstrates RVH Core Values and behaviours consistent with the RVH Code of Conduct
- Must demonstrate proven workplace excellence through commitment to strong job performance and attendance
Please be reminded that as a Regional Health Centre, in order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work week days and weekends, as well as all shifts - days, evenings, and nights.
Health & Safety Workplace Responsibilites
- Must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Must adhere to all RVH administrative and applicable departmental occupational health and safety policies, procedures and protocol
- Must be able to perform all bona fide essential duties in the position description, which may include lifting and moving patients, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, etc
- Must complete a pre-employment health assessment, including review of the Job Demands Analysis for the position, as a condition of employment
- Must strive to continuously provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, physicians, and volunteers
Our Code of Conduct
All staff, physicians, volunteers, service providers and students are committed to creating a positive, respectful work environment for each other and our patients and families. RVH C.A.R.E.S. and patients are always our top priority.
Make each life better. Together.
Our Mission Statement
Exceptional care is our passion.
People are our inspiration.
Safety is our promise.
Work Together - Respect All - Think Big - Own It - Care
If you are interested in joining our Inspiring team, please apply online before 1100pm EST on the posting close date. Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If interviewed, an accompanying portfolio may be required which will include documented evidence of course completion. An inclusive, barrier-free selection process will be provided as required under RVHs Employment Accommodation Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known to Human Resources in advance and information related to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
As part of the mandatory screen process RVH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Proud recipient of the Ontario Hospital Association Quality Healthcare Workplace Award & Ontario Hospital Association Healthy Hospital Innovators Award
Need Help? Call us at 1-888-MYHRRVH
To submit your resume for this job, please click on link below
Job Posting: Chatham-Kent Health Alliance
March 24, 2016
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA) is one of Chatham-Kent’s largest employers, and offers a wide variety of career opportunities. We are committed to bringing great talent, to our great workplace! The quality of our service is measured by our patient experience. CKHA recruits staff who support the promotion of a culture of safety for our patients and staff and how are committed to embracing the philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care and Service Excellence together with performance reflective of our Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct. We are currently recruiting for the following position.
Registered Technologist, Echocardiography (Sonography)
Reports to: Director, Diagnostic Imaging
Under general direction of the Diagnostic Imaging Director/Medical Director/Charge Technologist, the Echocardiographer is responsible for accurately and efficiently performing all routine images, safety and quality control procedures.
Operate instruments and perform scans accurately and precisely.
Tailor exams according to pathology imaged, and consult with interpreting radiologist/internist.
Operate, and maintain all equipment.
Perform troubleshooting of equipment as necessary.
Send appropriate patient information as required (faxing, photocopying, etc.).
Participates in departmental continuing education.
Review accuracy of all scans prior to reporting.
Discuss scan findings with interpreting radiologist/internist.
Work with the students and/or new staff, teaching new instrumentation, scanning techniques, policies and procedures, etc.
Carries out other duties as requested by Medical Director, Director of Diagnostic Imaging, Charge Technologist or Charge Technologist Ultrasound.
- Registration with Sonography Canada
Registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) Cardiology.
Certification in Echocardiography, or eligible to write exam.
Minimum 2 years recent experience in Echocardiography in a hospital setting.
Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
Keen ability to prioritize and respond effectively to changing workload demands.
Demonstrates proactive attitude, and team player.
Must be friendly, courteous to both patients and staff.
Flexible, and open to change.
Shows commitment to CQI and excellence in patient care.
Must demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
Must demonstrate excellent scanning skill, and ability to be innovative under difficult conditions.
Must demonstrate a high degree of professional commitment.
Demonstrate strong computer skills.
Ability to follow up on unusual or unexpected results, problems with procedures and equipment, etc.
Demonstrated ability to support and embrace the philosophy of Service Excellence and Patient and Family Centred Care.
Demonstrated participation in building a culture of safety and partnering with each other to improve the safety of patient care processes and systems.
Demonstrated performance reflecting the Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct of Chatham-Kent Health Alliance
CKHA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resource
According to the French Language Services Implementation Plan, priority consideration will be given to qualified candidates who possess knowledge of Canada’s two official languages.
Visit www.ckha.on.ca and apply online under Careers.
Must quote job #0000016038