Following in the footsteps of Autumn Peltier, Canada’s Chief Water Commissioner who is leading the way for future generations, the OPSEU/SEFPO Indigenous Circle’s Water Campaign Committee is looking for youth to express their concerns over the ongoing water crisis in Ontario and across Canada.
Are you between the ages of 4-25 years old? Do you like to draw and express yourself through artistic medium? Then, this contest is for you!
- Are you interested in the environment and clean water?
- Do you want to encourage others to think about our Water issues?
- In what ways is water important?
- How do we keep our water safe to drink?
This year’s theme, “Water as a Human Right for All,” relates to the stewardship and conservation of water. This means wise and efficient water use inside and outside of the home, at school, in the community, and in recreation. Climate change is already stressing Ontario’s water supplies. Every watershed depends on our own groundwater basins, which are becoming less reliable. The future requires that we all use water wisely.
There is water almost everywhere on Earth, but is there enough? Ontario and the rest of Canada have a plentiful supply of water. However, this supply is fragile and must be monitored to ensure that water will be available for future generations. Water is a renewable resource only if we take care of it.
Water is a basic human right. Everyone deserves access to clean drinking water, no matter what our race or identities or how rich or poor we are.
Please consider making a submission for the 2022 “Water as a Human Right For All” poster contest!
The poster contest was established by the OPSEU/SEFPO Indigenous Circle’s Water Campaign Committee to help spread the word about the need to keep our waters clean and unpolluted.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can enter?
All OPSEU/SEFPO members/family members who are 25 and under in the following age categories
- 4-6 years old
- 7-12 years old
- 13 – 17 years old
- 18 – 25 years old
How will entries be judged?
Judging is based on originality, use of the theme and quality of work. Only one entry per person.
What size should entries be?
Posters should be 8 ½ x 11 inches (letter/standard paper size)
Entries may contain original pictures, original poems or original statements about the importance of water.
Entries cannot violate or infringe on any copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity right or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person or entity.
Entries cannot contain any copyrighted material not in the public domain or for which you have not obtained the rights to use.
Entries cannot contain any artwork for which you have not obtained the rights to use.
One winner per age category will be selected; categories as below:
- Ages 4-6
- Ages 7-12
- Ages 13-17
- Ages 18-25
- Artwork submitted should be 8.5 x 11 inches (letter/standard paper size) and submitted digitally to email@example.com
- Entries must be received no later than 5:00 pm on Friday February 11th, 2022.
- Early entries are encouraged and can be sent at any time before the deadline.
- Each poster entry must include the following: Artist name (first & last), age category, email, phone number and OPSEU/SEFPO member name and local number.
- All submitted posters will be displayed on the OPSEU/SEFPO website
- One winner per age category will be selected and winning submission will receive $250 gift card.
- Prizes will be awarded at an upcoming Water Summit to be held on March 22nd, 2022. All poster contest participants will be invited to attend.