The Provincial Women’s Committee (PWC) invites OPSEU members to submit nominations for a woman or team who makes a significant – and largely unrecognized – contribution to women’s leadership and activism in the union. The woman or team has:
- positively enhanced and inspired women in the union from behind the scenes
- advocated for equity and inclusion of women and other equity groups (i.e., Indigenous and racialized workers, workers with disabilities, LGBTTIAQQ2S workers) in the union
- demonstrated sustained commitment to women’s advancement and activism in the union
To nominate an OPSEU member or team of members please provide your answer to the following questions:
- How does the member/team demonstrate the criteria listed in the above description?
- What makes their contribution to women’s advancement and activism outstanding?
- Where do you believe the biggest impact of their contribution can be seen?
Nominees must be OPSEU members in good standing or retired members.
Please provide your answer to the above questions in 300 words or less by 6 p.m. on March 20, 2017 and ensure that you complete the form on this web-page.
The PWC will post a story about the award winner to the web-site. The winner will also receive a PWC pin and poster.
Contact the Chair of the PWC, Laura Thompson, if you have any questions at email@example.com.