Faculty have a better plan for Ontario’s colleges
It’s built on:
- Better education: A 50-50 ratio of full-time to contract faculty will mean more time for students.
- Better jobs: Longer contracts will allow contract faculty to plan their lives. No one can have a secure future built on four-month jobs.
- Better programming: Including faculty in academic decision-making means giving the experts a say in what students learn – and how it is taught.
- Better future: When college faculty are able to dedicate their time, energy and expertise to their students, the future is better for everyone.
What can I do to help end the strike?
- Call your MPP and write them an email: visit www.collegefaculty.org for a quick tool to find out how.
- Contact Deb Matthews, Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Development: firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-326-1600
- Contact Don Sinclair, CEO of the College Employer Council: 647-258-7700
- Contact Premier Kathleen Wynne: email@example.com, (416) 325-1941
Tell them it’s time to get the colleges back to the table to negotiate a contract that puts students first!