Our community needs our courthouse!
Stop the dangerous plan to close courthouses in Scarborough, Etobicoke and North York.
Victims, witnesses and accused need fair access to the justice system near where they live.
- Travelling all the way downtown is time consuming and costly. For some, it’s practically impossible and will put cases at risk.
- The New Toronto Courthouse will not be safe.
- Without customers, businesses around our community courthouses will suffer.
- Courthouse workers built their lives around their local workplace.
- Costs to the delivery of justice will significantly increase.
How can you help?
- Write to the Attorney General and your MPP
Click here to easily write to the Attorney General and your MPP.
- Sign the petition
Tell them to abandon this dangerous plan to close community courthouses before a large group of people are made to suffer. Click here to sign our petition!