After long negotiations, the bargaining team for Canadian Blood Services (Tech) Locals 200, 210 and 5101 reached a tentative four-year agreement with CBS on January 7, 2016. Bargaining team chair Sheila Rodriguez said the negotiations began in 2014 and were difficult. The employer initially flatly refused all the team’s demands. The agreement finally reached made a number of gains for members, and the bargaining team recommends acceptance.
The ratification votes will take place:
Wednesday, February 10, 7:00 am- 4:00 pm
Brampton Production and Distribution Site
100 Parkshore Drive
Thursday, February 11, 7:00 am- 3:00 pm
Canadian Blood Services
67 College Street
Highlights of the agreement include:
- wage increases in 2014/15/16 of 1.4 per cent each year (The rate for 2017 will be determined when the Hospital Professionals negotiate);
- reimbursement of professional fees up to $400/year;
- better time-off schedules;
- language to help convert part-time jobs to full-time jobs;
- agreement by the employer to pay certain costs for members when the office moves to Brampton in spring 2017.
The Memorandum of Settlement is availablehere
Members with questions concerning the agreement should contact Sheila Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.