If you’re an OPSEU/SEFPO College Support Full Time member at one of Ontario’s 24 public colleges, make sure to vote on your tentative 3-year agreement at the end of September!
September 28 at 9 a.m. until September 29 at 5 p.m.
- Voting will take place online.
- All College Support Full Time members will be sent voting information and PINs to their college (work) email addresses by September 27th.
- Follow the instructions in your email to vote online.
- If you haven’t received your voting information by the end of the day on September 27th, contact the Help Desk at the Ontario Labour Relations Board (OLRB) so they can assist you.
OLRB Help Desk phone: 416-326-7479 (English/French)
OLRB Help Desk Hours:
- September 28 – 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- September 29 – 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
About the new tentative collective agreement:
- Click here to read the detailed breakdown of the tentative agreement.
- Read the Minutes of Settlement: (English / French)
From Bargaining Team Chair Rasho Donchev:
“The bargaining committee and I are excited to announce that we have successfully negotiated a tentative 3-year collective agreement. Despite our bargaining being significantly and unfairly restricted by Bill 124, we have still made some substantial gains in this round of negotiating. This agreement represents real gains in job security, job competitions, and benefits, and will provide real stability for our members. We are especially pleased about the considerable gains we’ve made in improving health benefits – the most significant improvements to our health benefits in the past 15 years.
“I am incredibly proud of our members. Their support throughout the bargaining process, and the support of OPSEU/SEFPO’s leaders and members province-wide, gave the bargaining team the energy and strength to achieve a strong contract. We encourage you to read through the details of the new agreement and contact us if you have any questions.”
From OPSEU/SEFPO President JP Hornick:
“I’m so proud of the bargaining team for the concrete improvements they’ve negotiated for CAAT-S Full Time members. The increased benefits will markedly improve members’ health and well-being. Know that your union and your union leadership will continue to fight tirelessly against Bill 124 to end the Ford government’s unfair one per cent cap on annual wage increases, and to support you as we continue to build our bargaining power, together.”
From OPSEU/SEFPO First Vice-President/Treasurer Laurie Nancekivell:
“I’m so pleased with the support that CAAT-S Full Time members and all OPSEU/SEFPO members showed for the Bargaining Team. This kind of solidarity shows employers that we’re united behind the demands of our negotiators. The Blue for Bargaining campaign was a really inspiring way for members to show their support and build solidarity and strength in our union.”