OPSEU members in good standing are encouraged to apply to join the Rainbow Alliance arc-en-ciel! The caucus provides representation and support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, intersex, asexual, pansexual, queer, questioning, two-spirited (LGBTTIAPQQ2S) members. We promote equality and a harassment-free work environment. Tackling discrimination in the workplace means addressing and tackling discrimination in our communities, unions and homes. We work to:
- promote LGBTTIAPQQ2S involvement and leadership in the union;
- advocate and educate around our members’ issues within the union;
- create a safe space to share our experiences, knowledge and expertise; and
- promote OPSEU’s name in our communities through Pride and solidarity.
Members with intersectional identities are encouraged to apply for a position on the Alliance Executive. Applicants must self-identify as being a member of the LGBTTIAPQQ2S community and indicate their commitment to taking on a leadership role within OPSEU, their workplaces and communities.
Applications can be submitted to the Equity Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 416-448-7419 no later than 5:00PM on April 30, 2017. They will be screened and ranked according to the following criteria:
- Representation of LGBTTIAPQQ2S communities;
- Commitment to network, advocate, educate, and increase equality for individuals from all equity seeking groups; and
- Mix of community and union activities.
The existing Rainbow Alliance arc-en-ciel Executive Members will meet within 14 days after the deadline in order to complete selection. It will be an anonymous process. Once a decision has been made, the successful applicant (s) will be contacted by the Chair. Selection is final and at the sole discretion of the Rainbow Alliance arc-en-ciel Executive.
For more information, contact the Rainbow Alliance arc-en-ciel directly by e-mail at email@example.com.