Do you want to make a difference?
OPSEU’s Coalition of Racialized Workers is inviting eligible members to apply for a position on the caucus. The position is open to OPSEU members who identify as racialized as defined in the Ontario Human Rights Commission ‘Policy and Guidelines on Racism and Racial Discrimination’.
As a representative of the Coalition of Racialized Workers you will be responsible for the following:
- Organize, educate, support, and empower all racialized workers within OPSEU;
- Ensure racialized workers are adequately represented within OPSEU’s structures;
- Encourage the participation of racialized workers within their local(s), workplaces, regional elections, and callouts for OPSEU campaigns;
- Review policies, laws and regulations that continue to perpetuate racial discrimination, and the marginalization of racialized workers;
- Ensure that systemic racial barriers in the workplace, social, economic and political institutions are exposed and removed;
- Work with equity-seeking groups to promote and develop the goals of the caucus, and build partnerships within the community;
- Support and promote the works of Persons of African Descent, Asian, South East Asian and all identified racialized communities within OPSEU.
If you are gender diverse or from our identified racialized communities and you have a desire to network, advocate, educate, and increase equality for racialized workers, consider joining us.
Please forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org 5:00 p.m. on November 15th 2020