A group of OPSEU locals recently made a combined donation of $2,050.00 to 11 year old Jason Moorhouse from Maynard, Ontario. The donation was in care of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Jason acquired juvenile diabetes before the age of 2 and has been actively raising money with his family and a network of close friends known as "Jason's Marauders".
Dave Lundy, an OPSEU Executive Board Member, hopes to see this donation initiative become an annual event throughout eastern Ontario involving new charities and even more union locals in the future.
Pictured L to R
- Kevin Hudson and Cindy Ladouceur, Local 439 Brockville Mental Health Center
- Jeff Scobie, Liquor Control Board Local 4100 South Eastern Ontario
- Jason Moorhouse
- Herve Cavanagh, Local466 Perth and Smith Falls District Hospital
- Dave Lundy, OPSEU Executive Board Member Region 4
- Absent – Elizabeth Macintosh, Local 425 Brockville General Hospital and Jane Loucks Local 402 Cornwall Community Hospital