The OPSEU Indigenous Circle is inviting OPSEU members who self-identify as Indigenous to apply for a position on the OPSEU Indigenous Circle to fill vacancies in Region 3, Region 4 and Region 7.
The role of the regional representative on the Indigenous Circle is to create and maintain networks within the region, to develop and promote programs, to encourage First Nation (Status or Non Status), Métis and Inuit members to participate in union activities and to increase the awareness and understanding of Indigenous issues throughout the OPSEU membership.
Interested applicants shall submit a statement of interest that outlines:
- Who are you? Describe the traditions or culture you are from, (if known).
- How have you been involved in your community, union etc.?
- What strengths (personal, social, cultural) do you bring to the Indigenous Circle?
- Why do you want to be a Representative on the Indigenous Circle?
The Equity Unit will ensure an anonymous selection process.
The Indigenous Circle will select the new Region 3, Region 4 and Region 7 representatives based on the following considerations:
- previous activist experience;
- willingness to share cultural knowledge to the Indigenous Circle and OPSEU; and
- openness to learning various Indigenous cultural activities.
A decision will be made at the Provincial Indigenous Circle meeting in September and all applicants will be notified accordingly.
Please forward completed statement of interest to the Equity Unit (e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 416-448-7419) no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 24, 2018.
If you have any difficulty reading the attachment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.