OPSEU has its members covered during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are offering 100 per cent cotton, Canadian union-made face masks to our members at a reasonable cost while supplies last. These masks are comfortable, breathable, reusable, and they proudly display the OPSEU/SEFPO logo. They are intended for personal use in the community and are not intended to replace N95 surgical masks or other personal protective equipment that employers provide. They do meet the guidelines for non-medical face masks provided by the Government of Ontario.
- fit securely to the head with ear loops;
- are large enough to cover the nose and mouth without gaping;
- maintain their shape after washing and drying;
- are made of two layers of tightly woven cotton; and
- are being made available to OPSEU Locals.
Locals can order them by sending an email to email@example.com indicating the number of masks required and delivery instructions. The cost is being subsidized by OPSEU, and being made available at $3 each. To make it even easier, locals can have the cost of their order deducted from their local rebates. Due to the overwhelming demand, these masks are only being made available to OPSEU members.