Case count as of 8:00 a.m. April 12, 2020
|Area||Case count||Change from yesterday||Deaths||Change from yesterday|
|Asia & Oceania||62,612||+3,432||1,627||+185|
|Latin America and Caribbean||59,581||+2,626||2,522||+163|
- 401 new cases were reported today in Ontario, bringing the cumulative total to 7,049 (this includes 3,121 resolved cases and 274 deaths).
- In Ontario, a total of 103,165 people have been tested, with tests performed at Public Health Ontario Laboratories and non-Public Health Laboratories. There are currently 1,619 tests under investigation.
- 738 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19; 261 are in ICU; and 196 are in ICU on a ventilator.
- The Ministry has updated the guidance document for Consumption and Treatment Services sites.
- Thousands of businesses and private citizens have stepped up and offered to help the Ontario government defeat COVID-19. More than 7,500 emergency supply submissions have generated nearly $90 million in purchases of critical equipment and supplies.