- Case counts as of March 23, 2020:
- China: 81,093 cases; 3,270 deaths
- Asia & Oceania: 18,650 cases; 287 deaths (South Korea – 111)
- Europe: 176,773 cases; 9,249 deaths (Italy – 5,476 / Spain – 2,182)
- Middle East: 28,277; 1,870 deaths (Iran – 1,812)
- Africa: 1,472 cases; 50 deaths
- Latin America and Caribbean: 5,047 cases; 66 deaths
- North America: 36,917 cases
- United States – 35,409 cases; 462 deaths
- Canada – 1,508 cases; 21 deaths
- 78 new cases were reported today in Ontario, bringing the cumulative total to 503 (this includes eight resolved cases and six deaths).
· In Ontario, there are 8,417 persons under investigation with lab results pending.
- Guidance for Consumption and Treatment Services is included in this Situation Report. French translation is ongoing and these documents will be uploaded to the ministry’s website tomorrow.
- To further contain the spread of COVID-19, the Ontario Government will order the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces effective as of Tuesday, March 24th at 11:59 p.m. This closure will be in effect for 14 days with the possibility of extending this order as the situation evolves. A full list of businesses that are permitted to stay open will be released tomorrow.
- Health Canada has released an FAQ document regarding Subsection 56(1) Class Exemption for Patients, Practitioners and Pharmacists Prescribing and Providing Controlled Substances in Canada during the Coronavirus Pandemic. It has been attached to today’s Situation Report.
- Clarification around the Hospital Redeployment order (Regulation 74/20 under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act) can be found here.
- A summary of today’s Command Table meeting is attached.
Ministry of Health | Health System Emergency Management Branch