- Case counts as of March 20, 2020:
- China: 80,967 cases; 3,248 deaths
- Asia & Oceania: 14,780 cases; 199 deaths (South Korea – 94)
- Europe: 114,453 cases; 5,201 deaths (Italy – 3,405)
- Middle East: 22,502; 1,453 deaths (Iran – 1,433)
- Africa: 783 cases; 20 deaths
- Latin America and Caribbean: 2,062 cases; 22 deaths
- North America: 15,158 cases
- United States – 14,312 cases; 208 deaths
- Canada – 869 cases; 12 deaths
- 50 new cases were reported today in Ontario, bringing the cumulative total to 308 (this includes five resolved cases and two deaths).
· In Ontario, there are 5485 persons under investigation with lab results pending.
- Guidance for Primary Care Providers has been updated and included in this Situation Report. French translation is ongoing and these documents will be uploaded to the ministry’s website early next week.
- Guidance for Occupational Health and Safety has been uploaded to the ministry’s website.
- Some have reported issues with guidance documents on the website – please refresh the page or clear your browser cache to see the updated guidance documents that were posted yesterday.
- Public Health Ontario uploaded a quick reference on hand hygiene.
- As part of the province’s enhanced measures, the Ministry of Transportation and Ministry of Health, in cooperation with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services and ServiceOntario, is extending the validity period of driving products, services and health cards. These changes reduce the need for in-person visits to ServiceOntario, International Registration Plan offices and DriveTest centres during the COVID-19 outbreak, helping to promote social distancing and contain the spread of the virus. See the news release here.
- The Ministry of Health, Drugs and Devices Division has released a notice (attached) regarding Ontario drug benefit program changes and guidance for dispensers during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
- Memo from the Command and report from the Collaborative Tables are attached.
Ministry of Health | Health System Emergency Management Branch