This health and safety message is for all OPSEU members working at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
As you may know, OPSEU has been working with a department of the University of Waterloo on a research project about the health and safety of LCBO employees. In October, we asked all OPSEU members at the LCBO to complete a survey, and to date, 250 members have done so. Respondents have given us solid information that will help your union push for health and safety improvements in LCBO workplaces.
The information we've received is excellent. However, we are hoping to get hundreds more completed surveys to round out our research. That's why we've extended the survey deadline to December 31, 2016. By extending the survey through the holiday season, we hope to collect information about health and safety issues during the busiest time of year for alcohol sales.
Please access the survey here. Please complete the survey as many times as you want. Every time you do, you get a chance to win a $50 Tim Hortons card.
The survey was developed to uncover how much you strain your body in a typical day at work – how much you lift, how much you push, pull and squeeze, and how long you stand. We need to know the facts so we can work to reduce your risk of injury and musculoskeletal pain, and prevent other conditions that can lead to temporary or permanent impairment. Note that all answers will be kept confidential; only the University of Waterloo will hold the data. For reporting purposes, results will be grouped together to protect individual identities.
The LCBO has been invited to jointly participate in this research, but has declined. However, we have kept the employer informed. Please do not complete this survey at work – do it at home.
Thank you in advance for your participation!
Your OPSEU Health and Safety Department
On behalf of the LBED Health and Safety Committee
Access the survey here.
Here's how to complete it:
- Enter this address (http://plos.uwaterloo.ca) in the address bar on the top of your home page and press enter.
- If you want to do this survey by pen and paper you can access it and print the survey here.
- Once you have found it you can save the address as a favourite so you can easily go back and do it again.
- There is a "Save" button on the bottom of each page to save and return to the survey later if you are unable to complete the survey in one sitting. It will provide you with a re-entry code. Make sure you write the code down so you can access the survey when you are ready to finish.
- Select your store, warehouse, or office number from the drop-down menu.
- If you don't see your store, warehouse or office location listed, just enter the number in the "other" box at the bottom of the list.
- Fill out the survey as many times as you like!
- Please forward this survey to all your co-workers because the more members we hear from, the stronger our case for better workplace health and safety practices will be!
- If you have any questions, please email Niki Carlan at email@example.com.