The Pension Liaison Committee invites you or someone you know to get involved with the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan, by applying to be a Trustee.
We require your assistance in helping us to find suitable candidates for the position of Union Trustee.
With the challenges facing defined benefit pension plans, we need people who have a firm and deep commitment to the labour movement and Union principles, as well as an understanding of pension plans, Trustee responsibilities and the legal framework surrounding pensions.
Who should apply?
- an understanding of OPSEU’s belief’s and Policies;
- a well-articulated view of where workers sit in relation to the management and investment of capital;
- a demonstrated ability to read, research and formulate positions clearly;
- an ability to articulate positions at caucus, Board committee and full Trustee Meetings;
- an ability to prepare written papers based on Union foundations/positions;
- an ability to defend positions against management opposition; and
- a commitment of ‘time’ to your Union
If you or someone you know would be interested in applying for this exciting position as a Union Trustee, please forward your name, contact information and place of employment and resume no later than January 21, 2017 to:
5757 Coopers Avenue
Applications must be received by January 21, 2017. A written test will be required and candidates will be selected for an interview.