(1 Position Available)
The Executive Assistant is a Staff Officer responsible for assisting members and Locals, working with committees, and developing and administering Federation programs, services, and policies.
The successful candidate will meet many of the following criteria. The candidate has:
- extensive experience and expertise in the area of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Education;
- worked with progressive community groups and social justice organizations;
- been actively involved in the union movement;
- worked from an anti-oppression framework;
- initiated and administered system-wide programs or services;
- developed and supervised advocacy, outreach, or lobbying programs;
- demonstrated leadership in the development and delivery of equity and social justice programs;
- a solid knowledge of relevant statutes and regulatory provisions;
- superior oral and written communication skills;
- a practical knowledge of the operation of a provincial teachers’ federation;
Role responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to, the development and delivery of programs and policies to support members or locals related to First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Education and, equity and social justice programs. The role will also focus on analyzing the barriers to involvement, engagement, and leadership in ETFO and working towards the removal of those barriers. Candidates shall have a clearly defined philosophy of the role of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario within the Ontario education community and be prepared to undertake such duties as may be determined by the General Secretary.
Preferred qualifications of candidates may include:
- a broad range of Federation involvement
- a Certificate of Qualification to teach in Ontario;
- a university degree;
- five years of successful employment experience.
Candidates shall have a clearly defined philosophy of the role of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario within the Ontario education community and be prepared to undertake such duties as may be determined by the General Secretary.
Interested applicants are required to submit a letter of application and a resume. Applications must be submitted by midnight, July 10, 2020, quoting posting #201920-24.
ETFO is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions in the Federation. Individuals are encouraged to self-identify.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-962-3836.