Unanchored nets can cause injury or death
- Between the ages of 5-14, 42 per cent of Canadian children play soccer
- Soccer nets can weigh as much as a large vending machine (over 500 lbs.)
- Because of their design, some nets can easily be tipped by a gust of wind or the weight of a small child
What to do
- Secure and anchor all soccer nets
- Always install posts on a flat level field
- Discourage climbing or swinging activities on the net or crossbar
In the event of an emergency, call 911.
Provided by OPSEU Paramedics. Proudly serving your community.