The Disability Rights Caucus is seeking applications for two members from Regions 2, 3, 5 and 7 only. Aims and Purposes: The function of the Caucus shall be:
- To provide a safe and healthy space for members of the Disability Rights Caucus to discuss issues and develop strategies to address the issues.
- To increase awareness and understanding of equity issues as they related to individuals with disabilities and to liaise with the respective Provincial Committee(s).
- To identify barriers and denied rights that prohibit full participation of persons with disabilities within OPSEU/SEFPO and the broader community/society.
- To present recommendations to the Provincial Committee(s) and/or to departments of OPSEU/SEFPO for action and/or referral to the Executive Board on issues related to barriers and rights that affect individuals with disabilities within OPSEU/SEFPO, the workplace and the broader community/society.
- To liaise with OPSEU/SEFPO members with a disability as defined under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Demonstrated commitment to advocate, educate and advance the issues of all persons with disabilities;
- Gender balance;
- Mix of Union and Community activities;
- A wide range of disabilities with a balance of visible and non-visible disabilities.