As the Thursday, July 21 strike deadline approaches, it’s all hands on deck to support TSSA safety inspectors (and members of OPSEU/SEFPO Local 546) to demand a fair deal!
You can help, by joining TSSA safety inspectors at the following two events:
Monday morning at the Ministry of Labour!
- Monday, July 18 at 9 a.m.
- 400 University Ave. (where negotiations are happening)
- Event link: https://opseu.org/event/solidarity-rally-for-opseu-sefpo-local-546-tssa-bargaining-team/
We will greet the employer’s bargaining team to send a clear message: negotiate a fair deal now!
Strike Day 1 (tentative) rally at Canada’s Wonderland
- Thursday, July 21 at 12 p.m.
- 1 Canada’s Wonderland Drive, Vaughan (Hwy 400 and Rutherford Rd.)
- Event link: https://opseu.org/event/get-on-the-bus-to-support-tssa-safety-inspectors-strikeforsafety/
TSSA safety inspectors from across the province will rally at Canada’s Wonderland at noon on Thursday, July 21 if they’re forced out on strike for their first contract. Their employer has made it clear at the bargaining table that they have no respect for our members and their working conditions. Join us on the first day of our #StrikeforSafety so we can show this employer that safety inspectors deserve a fair first contract!
Get on the bus on Thursday, July 21!
Please join TSSA safety inspectors in solidarity on the first day if they’re forced to #StrikeforSafety! Buses will be picking up supporters in locations across southwestern and central Ontario – email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spot at a pick-up location near you! Please stay tuned to www.strikeforsafety.com over the next few days as we add more buses, pick-up locations, and pick-up times for each location.
Bus #1 (Leaves London at 8 a.m., return trip from Canada’s Wonderland departs 4:30 p.m.)
- London – OPSEU Regional Office, 1092 Dearness Dr.
- Cambridge – Hwy 401/Townline Rd/Wellington Road 32 carpool lot
- Milton – Hwy 401/Trafalgar Rd. carpool lot
- Mississauga – Hwy 401/Hurontario St. carpool lot
Bus #2 (Leaves Burlington at 10 a.m., return trip from Canada’s Wonderland departs 4:30 p.m.)
- Burlington – QEW/Guelph Line carpool lot
- Mississauga – Erin Mills Pkwy/Southdown Rd./North Sheridan Way carpool lot
Bus #3 (Leaves Oshawa at 9 a.m., return trip from Canada’s Wonderland departs 4:30 p.m.)
- Oshawa – OPSEU Regional Office, 500 King St. W. Unit 6
- Whitby – Hwy 401/Brock St. eastbound off-ramp carpool lot
Bus #4 (Leaves Barrie at 10 a.m., return trip from Canada’s Wonderland departs 4:30 p.m.)
- Barrie – Hwy 400/Essa Rd/Ardagh Rd. carpool lot
- King – Hwy 400/Hwy 9 southbound off-ramp
- Vaughan – Hwy 400/Hwy 7 carpool lot
About TSSA safety inspectors
Members of OPSEU/SEFPO Local 546, Safety Inspectors at the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) inspect everything from amusement park rides, food trucks and elevators, to fuel burning equipment, propane dispensing stations, boilers and pressure vessels (BPV) and elements in nuclear power plants.
They have been negotiating their first contract since joining OPSEU/SEFPO in 2021.