The OPSEU Coalition of Racialized Workers would like to invite members from our racialized communities to apply to fill two vacancies available on the provincial caucus. If you identify as racialized and are from one of the following communities, Asian, African, Black, South Asian or Caribbean, please submit your application for consideration.
As a member of the Provincial Coalition of Racialized Workers, you will be tasked with the following:
- To organize, educate, support, and empower racialized members within OPSEU
- To ensure racialized workers are adequately represented within the union
- To encourage the participation of racialized members at local and regional levels
- To advocate for the use of Race Based analysis in all decision-making
- To review policies and practices, which may lead to racial discrimination
- To work with equity-seeking groups to broaden and develop the goals of the caucus
- It is also important that you have the drive and desire to network, advocate and educate, in an effort to increase equality for racialized workers
Please forward applications to the Equity Unit firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 1, 2020
Click the ‘download’ button below for the application form.