On November 30, Day of Action events will be taking place across Canada and online, coordinated by child care action groups affiliated with Child Care Now.
OPSEU/SEFPO represents many child care workers in our membership. And we also represent tens of thousands of workers whose families need access to quality child care. Let’s all join together to demand Better Pay, Better Quality, and Better Access to child care!
Ways to participate:
- Wear polka-dots on November 30, take a selfie, and share your support for access better child care on social media with the hashtag #dotsforspots. Be sure to tag @child_care_now on Twitter.
- Click here to write to your MPP and tell them that early childhood educators and child care workers deserve decent work and pay.
- Attend one of the four Ontario events taking place in Toronto, Wawa, Peterborough and London (details and links below).
Day of Action events in Ontario on November 30:
Click on the links for details about each event.
- Toronto: Rally at Queen’s Park, 10:00 a.m., 111 Wellesley St. West
- Wawa: Rally for Child Care, 4:30 p.m., near Broadway and the corner of Hwy 101
- Peterborough: Shine a Light on the Child Care Crisis, 5:00 p.m., Baseball field at Monaghan & McDonnell
- London: Third Annual Early Years Town Hall, 7:00 p.m., Fanshawe College
Our demands: Better Pay, Better Quality, Better Access
For decades, child care workers and families across the country have been demanding the following from federal, provincial and territorial governments:
- Raise wages and improve working conditions in child care.
- Ensure high quality child care programs.
- Make access to quality child care universal.