Members of the Canadian Blood Services (Tech) Locals 200 and 5101 have voted 76 per cent in favour of ratifying their four-year 2014-2017 tentative agreement.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- wage increases in 2014/15/16 of 1.4 per cent each year (The rate for 2017 will be determined when the Hospital Professionals negotiate);
- reimbursement of professional fees up to $400/year;
- better time-off schedules;
- language to help convert part-time jobs to full-time jobs;
- agreement by the employer to pay certain costs for members when the office moves to Brampton in spring 2017.
Members with questions concerning the agreement should contact Sheila Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.