If you answered yes don’t miss out on this advocacy training opportunity with the Institute of Change Leaders (ICL).
OPSEU/SEFPO will sponsor 12 PSW members to take the Building Skills for Change training and earn a certificate in Organizing for Social Change from ICL. Founded in 2016 by Olivia Chow, the Institute for Change Leaders (ICL) teaches the skills that organizers need to win social change.
This 8-week online course (April 5 – May 24, each Tuesday from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.) is designed to help people learn how to make a difference in their community through the basics of strategizing, organizing, telling your own story and taking effective action. You will learn how to:
- Tell your story to motivate others to take action
- Design a strategy that gets the changes you want
- Choose a strategy and tactics that will move decision-makers
For more information visit: https://www.changeleaders.ca/bsk_202204
How do I apply? Complete your application here.
- Participants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis, combined with their response to the question: why do you want to take this course?
- Will OPSEU/SEFPO provide book-off time? No. The union is covering the cost of the course.
- Application deadline: Monday, March 21. Only 12 spots are available, so apply today!