Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
89 per cent of boaters who drown aren’t wearing a life jacket
Publication DateFriday, July 10, 2015 (All day)
Less than half of the people who wear a PFD wear it properly
- There are five Criminal Code violation related to boating
- One third of all water related deaths occur while boating
- Alcohol is a factor in almost half of all Ontario boating deaths.
What to do:
- Don’t drink and boat
- Always wear the correct type of PFD and wear it properly
- Ensure your vessel has the appropriate “marine safety equipment”.
Provided by OPSEU Paramedics. Proudly serving your community.