89 per cent of boaters who drown aren’t wearing a life jacket
Publication DateFriday, July 10, 2015 (All day)
Less than half of the people who wear a PFD wear it properly
- There are five Criminal Code violation related to boating
- One third of all water related deaths occur while boating
- Alcohol is a factor in almost half of all Ontario boating deaths.
What to do:
- Don’t drink and boat
- Always wear the correct type of PFD and wear it properly
- Ensure your vessel has the appropriate “marine safety equipment”.
Provided by OPSEU Paramedics. Proudly serving your community.