Don’t leave home without it!
Through the membership survey, you identified job security as a pressing and vital concern. Management is eroding our jobs by hiring more and more part-time teachers instead of full-time and partial-load faculty, by outsourcing academic work to private colleges, and by refusing to hire full-time faculty when full-time work is available.
Through your demands you have told your bargaining team that you need assurance and confidence that your work will continue.
Steps to Job Security
- Ensure academic work at the colleges is performed by faculty (professors, instructors, librarians, and counsellors).
- Protect full-time and partial-load faculty jobs from being contracted out or privatized.
- Compel the colleges to give preference to the hiring of full-time and partial-load faculty.
- Provide more stable, predictable employment for partial-load faculty.
- Improve partial-load faculty’s access to full-time positions in recognition of their value and experience teaching in the colleges.
- Ensure that alternate academic workloads can be more easily found by members facing layoffs.
To read previous issues of your Bargaining Bulletin please visit: www.collegefaculty.org
the CAAT-A Bargaining Team:
Bargaining Team Chair,
Local 673, Collège Boréal
Lynn Dee Eason
Bargaining Team Vice-Chair,
Local 613, Sault College
Local 110, Fanshawe College
Local 560, Seneca College
Local 237, Conestoga College
Local 562, Humber College
Local 732, Confederation College
Your Bargaining Bulletin is authorized for distribution by:
Warren (Smokey) Thomas, President, Ontario Public Service Employees Union
David Fasciano, Chair, CAAT Academic Bargaining Team