Title: Cleaner (2 Positions) (Working days and Afternoon)
Location: Operations Services Unit, Division, OPSEU/SEFPO Head Office, 100 Lesmill Rd. Toronto, ON. M3B 3P8
Reporting To: Supervisor, Operations Services Unit
Start Date: To be determined
End Date: Up to four months’
Salary: $900 to $1,007.00 per week (Service Staff)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU/SEFPO Collective Agreement
Responsible for cleaning the designated building, removing debris and keeping areas neat and tidy.
- Sweeps and mops floors and vacuums carpets
- Cleans buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces
- Inventories cleaning supplies
- Locks doors after operating hours
- Uses cleaning solutions to remove stains and cleans surfaces
- Mixes various cleaning agents
- Cleans interior windows and mirrors
- Dusts furniture
- Cleans and services restrooms
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Requires a High School Diploma and two years related work experience
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices and WHMIS procedures
- Knowledge of OPSEU/SEFPO organization, structure and policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU/SEFPO supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQ2S+ workers and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify. OPSEU/SEFPO’s diverse workplace also supports Francophone workers and young workers.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
All applications must be sent in either as either a Word document or as a PDF.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
All Candidates must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination must be supplied as a condition of employment.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Temporary Assignment Cleaner (2 pos.), Operations Services Unit #T21.007”, no later than January 4, 2022 at 4: 00 p.m.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.