Title: Casual On Call Back-Up Secretary
Location: Oshawa Regional Office, Local Services and Member Organizing Division, 500 King St. West, Unit 6, Oshawa, ON. L1J 2K9
Reporting To: Supervisor, Region 3 & Region 4
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,284.00 to $1,334.00 pro-rated to no. of days worked (Range 4 – SUPPORT)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU/SEFPO Collective Agreement
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, provides secretarial and clerical support services to the Regional Office which include but are not limited to:
- General office duties
- Database input
- Reception duties
- Opening and tracking files
- Dealing with general inquiries from members
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- One year Community College Certificate or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Requires tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of principles and basic office management
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU/SEFPO supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQ2S+ workers and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify. OPSEU/SEFPO’s diverse workplace also supports Francophone workers and young workers.
All applications must be sent in either as a Word document or as a PDF.
First consideration to be given to OPSEU/SEFPO members.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “#T23.012 – Casual On Call Back-Up Secretary, Oshawa Regional Office”, no later than September 26, 2023, by 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: People and Culture, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.