Temporary Position: A/PPT Cleaner (64-01) Operations Services Unit
Location: Financial Division, Coopers Office, 5757 Coopers Ave. Mississauga, ON. L4Z 1R9
Reporting To: Supervisor, Operations Services Unit
Start Date: To be determined
End Date: Up to 3 months
Salary: $24.90 to 27.86 (Hourly Rate)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSEU/OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Responsible for cleaning the designated building, removing debris and keeping areas neat and tidy.
- Sweeps and mops floors and vacuums carpets
- Cleans buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces
- Inventories cleaning supplies
- Locks doors after operating hours
- Uses cleaning solutions to remove stains and cleans surfaces
- Mixes various cleaning agents
- Cleans interior windows and mirrors
- Dusts furniture
- Cleans and services restrooms
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Requires a High School Diploma and two years related work experience
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices and WHMIS procedures
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Units
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQ2S+ workers and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify. OPSEU’s diverse workplace also supports Francophone workers and young workers.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
All applications must be sent in either as either Word documents or as a PDF.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
email@example.com quoting “T20.003 – PPT Cleaner (64-01), Operations Services Unit by March 5, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. (E.S.T.).
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.