Position: Staff Representative (56-63)
Location: Hamilton R.O., 505 York Blvd. 2nd Floor, Hamilton, ON. L8R 3K4
Reporting To: Supervisor, Region 1 & 2
Salary: $1,845.00 to $2,050.00 per week (Range 4 – Pro-Tech)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSEU/SEFPO/OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Represent members, Units and locals as Bargaining Agent in bargaining or dispute resolution forums in a resource, advocacy or spokesperson role. Represent members in grievance handling and deliver educational programs
- Provides advice to temporary staff and members regarding bargaining/dispute resolution issues etc.
- Negotiates contracts and other agreements
- Develops and writes contract/dispute settlement language
- Develops new, innovative bargaining/dispute resolution strategies and positions
- Researches and prepares arguments and proposals for Collective Bargaining
- Provides servicing support to organizing/re-organizing campaigns
- Provides leadership and advice to members in strike preparation and strikes
- Provides leadership in development of strong active locals and positive links within the labour community
- Prepares for and facilitates educational programs
- Attends and assists in general membership meetings and elections and votes as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent combination education and experience) and four years of related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages and internal databases
- Facilitation, advocacy and numeracy skills
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of bargaining trends, settlements, labour and other related legislation, arbitration awards
- Knowledge of OPSEU/SEFPO organization, structure and policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU/SEFPO supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQ2S+ workers and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify. OPSEU/SEFPO’s diverse workplace also supports Francophone workers and young workers.
All applications must be sent in as a Word document or as a PDF
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “21.030 – Staff Rep. Hamilton R.O”, no later than August 24, 2021.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.