Title: Secretary (Membership Services)(101)
Location: Membership Services Unit, Financial Services Division, OPSEU/SEFPO Head Office, 100 Lesmill Rd. Toronto, ON. M3B 3P8
Reporting To: Supervisor, Membership Services Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,408.00 to $1,469.00 per week (Range 5 – SUPPORT)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU/SEFPO Collective Agreement
Provides secretarial and clerical support services to a Unit
- Responds to general enquiries
- Takes minutes or recordings of meetings in the absence of an administrative assistant
- Receives and takes messages and refers to proper individual
- May organize large mail out of resource materials as requested
- Books appointments and meetings for the Unit and coordinates special conferences as required
- Produces agenda and minutes for Unit meetings
- Maintains and updates records for filing systems and/or databases
- Compiles summary reports from information as requested
- Prepares documents, reports, briefs, composes letters and acknowledgement
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness and content
- May make arrangements for meetings and may assist in organizing conferences including registration
- Assists in organizing materials for distribution
- Maintains and updates procedures manuals of own position
- May train others in their area of responsibility
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 2 year Community College Certificate or a one year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of experience and education) and two years of related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of principles of basic office management
- Knowledge of OPSEU/SEFPO organization, structure and policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU/SEFPO supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQ2S+ workers and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify. OPSEU/SEFPO’s diverse workplace also supports Francophone workers and young workers.
All Candidates must be fully vaccinated (two doses) and proof of vaccination must be supplied as a condition of employment.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
All applications must be sent in as either a Word document or as a PDF.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
email@example.com quoting “#21.050 – Secretary (Membership Services) (101), Membership Services Unit”, no later than July 6 , 2022 by 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.