Position: Staff Representative (56-26)
Location: 76 Coldwater Street East. Orillia ON. L3V 1W5
Reporting To: Supervisor, Region 3 & 4
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,787.00 to $1,986.00 per week (Range 4 – Pro-Tech)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Provides advice to temporary staff and members regarding bargaining/dispute resolution issues etc.
- Negotiates contracts and other agreements
- Develops and writes contract/dispute settlement language
- Develops new, innovative bargaining/dispute resolution strategies and positions
- Researches and prepares arguments and proposals for Collective Bargaining
- Provides servicing support to organizing/re-organizing campaigns
- Provides leadership and advice to members in strike preparation and strikes
- Provides leadership in development of strong active locals and positive links within the labour community
- Prepares for and facilitates educational programs
- Attends and assists in general membership meetings and elections and votes as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent combination education and experience) and four years of related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages and internal databases
- Facilitation, advocacy and numeracy skills
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of bargaining trends, settlements, labour and other related legislation, arbitration awards
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and of own unit as well as familiarity of operations of other units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Staff Representative, Orillia R.O #19.030”, no later than February 18, 2020.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.