Temporary Job Opportunity: Videographer (106)
Title: A/Videographer (106), Campaigns and Member Education Unit, Communications Division
Location: OPSEU Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
Reporting To: Supervisor, Campaigns and Member Education Unit
Start Date: October 2, 2017
Salary: $1,574.00 to $1,784.00 per week (Range 3 – Pro-Tech)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Utilizes different videography methods/techniques to analyze filming options to enhance video content
- Schedules production and shooting times and books necessary locations and/or equipment needed in consultation with Supervisor/Administrator
- Shoots video assignments within the financial parameters and timeframes determined by the Employer
- Directs person(s) involved with the filmmaking process including subjects of video, actors and any personnel assisting in the process
- Determines supplies/resources needed for assignments and requests them from Employer
- Researches information pertaining to film assignments to ensure quality and authenticity of video content, and creatively determines how best to film material for OPSEU
- Produces, edits and assembles final video material; ensuring technical quality and overall effectiveness of content
- Tests and performs maintenance on all video equipment prior to operation
- Conducts work in a professional and efficient manner, exercising good judgement
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Degree/Diploma in Filmmaking, photography or an equivalent combination of education and experience and three years of related experience
- Requires advanced PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Skills in visualizing and shooting concepts
- Knowledge of field production techniques and standards
- Knowledge of video cameras, editing equipment and recording materials
- Knowledge of integration of video content to an online medium and as part of website design
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Demographic Philosophy and Diversity
Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and of own Unit
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
[email protected] quoting: Videographer (106), Campaigns and Member Education Unit, Head Office #T17.004, no later than May 16, 2017.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.