Temporary Job Opportunity: Regional Office Secretary (57-17), Kingston R.O
Title: Regional Office Secretary (57-17)
Location: 824 John Counter Blvd., Kingston, ON K7K 2R1
Reporting to: Supervisor, Regions 3 & 4
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,374.00 to $1,545.00 per week - (Range 7 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, provides secretarial and clerical support services to the Regional Office which include but are not limited to:
- Responds to enquiries.
- Liaises with staff in other areas of the organization, local and with outside contacts to facilitate work of the office
- Receives, takes message and directs incoming calls and transmits to proper individual.
- Takes minutes or recordings of meetings.
- Maintains and updates records from filing systems and/or databases.
- Determines needs and orders supplies.
- Trains and assigns work to other support staff in the office as required.
- Compiles summary reports from information and internal databases.
- Reconciles office budget (Accountable Warrants)
- Tracks, codes and processes invoices and members expenses.
- Tracks grievance files as required.
- Monitors and advises of required updates to procedure manuals.
- Types reports, agreements, composes letters and acknowledgements.
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness and content.
- Plans and coordinates regional meetings and members educational.
- Negotiates with hotels for meeting conference rooms.
- Organizes materials for distribution.
- May make travel arrangements and accommodations for staff.
- Sets up and organizes office systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- One year Community College Certificate or one year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) and five years related work experience.
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages.
- Tact and Diplomacy skills.
- Knowledge of principles and basic office management.
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and of own unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Unit.
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity.
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please include any relevant factors that you want us to consider when exercising discretion in accepting your application under Article 11.02.02 and/or Article 11.02.03.
Please advise should you require an accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
[email protected] quoting: Regional Office Secretary (57-17), Kingston R.O #T17.005, no later than May 19, 2017.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.