Temporary Job Opportunity - Casual On Call Back-Up Secretary, Guelph R.O
Title: Casual On Call Back-up Secretary
Location: 400 Speedvale Ave. West Unit A., Guelph, Ontario, N1H 8H3
Reporting To: Supervisor, Regions 1 & 2
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,123.00 to $1,167.00 per week - pro-rated to no. of days worked (Range 4 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, provides secretarial and clerical support services to the Regional Office which include but are not limited to:
- General office duties
- Database input
- Reception duties
- Opening and tracking files
- Dealing with general inquiries from members
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- One year Community College Certificate or one year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages.
- Tact and Diplomacy skills.
- Knowledge of principles and basic office management.
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity.
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require an accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
[email protected] quoting: Casual On Call Back-Up Secretary T17.006, no later than May 17, 2017.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.