Temporary Job Opportunity - Campaigns Officer (We Own It! Campaign), Head Office
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Location: 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
Reporting To: Supervisor, Member Education & Campaigns Unit, Communications Division
Start Date: To be determined
End Date: Up to 6 Months
Salary: $1,729.00 to $1,922.00 per week (Range 4 – Pro-Tech)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Develops, co-ordinates and leads OPSEU campaigns from concept to evaluation, e.g. rallies, demonstrations, lobbies, surveys, petitions, forums, workshops, conferences and bargaining campaigns
- Acts as lead hand to member-mobilizers
- Develops policy expertise in assigned area of responsibility
- Leads and implements outreach activities
- Develops ideas for campaign materials, e.g. buttons, bumper stickers, posters, banners leaflets
- Liaises with affiliates, community organizations, coalitions, government agencies as required
- Provides specialized advice on strategies and methodology for OPSEU campaigns and responses to government initiatives and legislation
- Writes speaking notes for elected leaders
- Researches, develops and prepares position papers, briefs, Executive Board Proposals and campaign materials
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Post Graduate degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and three years related work experience including research and community development
- Requires advanced PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Facilitation skills
- Knowledge of public relations group dynamics and political action
- Knowledge of legislation, provincial and agency budgets, regulations affecting OPSEU members and advances in adult education techniques
- Knowledge of online campaign techniques and various social media
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and own unit and familiarity of other Unit(s) in the organization
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require an accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
email@example.com quoting #T17.023-Campaigns Officer (We Own It! Campaign), Head Office, no later than January 15, 2018.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.