Talking Points for Visits to MPPs
Name of OPSEU member visiting MPP:
Name of person coordinating lobbying efforts:
Please create your talking points in the spaces below ahead of time. These talking points and questions will help guide your discussion with your MPP. Bring a pad of paper and pen with you to take notes at the meeting.
Introduce yourself and the work you do.
- My name is (insert name here). I live / work in your riding. I’m here as an OPSEU member, and I’m here to talk to you about
- I’m concerned about the Ontario government’s actions on this issue:
(describe government actions)
- This is how this issue affects me
(either personally or at work or both):
Can we count on your support?
- Ask MPP: What is your position on this issue?
(Write down MPP’s response here).
- Ask MPP: These are the actions I am asking you to take on this issue. Will you commit to taking these specific actions on the issue?
(Fill out ahead of time: List the actions you want them to take here.)
- Ask MPP: What action are you going to take on this issue?
(Write down MPP’s response here)
List specific commentments made by MPP if different than above:
“Thank you for taking time to discuss this issue with me.”
Note: After the meeting, please fill out an “OPSEU Lobby Report Form” and return it to whomever is coordinating lobbying efforts in your region. The form is available at www.TogetherToWin.org.