Social Justice Fund Application
The OPSEU Social Justice Fund supports organizations fighting for human, economic, labour and political rights. The Social Justice Board uses the following criteria to prioritize funding proposals:
- Groups that organize to build power to create systemic change
- Secular approach to issues and organizing
- Projects directed by those most impacted
- Opportunity to partner with equity and other OPSEU groups
- Clear analysis on race, gender, class and other systemic oppressions to guide the organizing and outcomes
- Funding organization has a Statement of Accountability or can demonstrate how they are accountable to racialized and other marginalized groups most impacted by the project
- Commitment to the role of organized labour in effecting social change
As a Union that represents all workers; OPSEU identifies with working people globally. OPSEU's International Solidarity Funds strive to support:
- Organizations that recognize the need to support those fighting for human rights, economic, trade, and political rights; and in particular those who would not normally receive funding from other sources.
- Proposals by grass root community organizations and credible organizations that already have direct linkages with communities involved in important struggles.
- Projects that are supported or housed within a trade union movement in a particular country.
- Organizations that involve OPSEU members in the social justice fund work as much as possible; e.g. through education tours and meeting with project beneficiaries; as there is much for OPSEU Social Justice Fund to learn from these projects.
- Applications from unions and grassroots community organizations and civil society based in Canada. OPSEU is open to partnerships with other Canadian based unions if there is a demonstrated need.
- Funding of trade union solidarity by funding international projects that meeet our guidinging principles and funding criteria.
Forward requests for funding
100 Lesmill Road
Attention: Tim Vining, Human Rights Officer
Or call Tim Vining at 416-443-8888 ext. 8679.