Job Opportunity - Secretary #1 (21-01), Accounting Unit
Title: Secretary #1 (21-01),
Location: Accounting Unit, Financial Services Division, OPSEU Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to: Supervisor, Accounting Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,364.00 to $1,423.00 per week (Range 5 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Responds to general enquiries
- Takes minutes or recordings of meetings in the Unit
- Books appointments and meetings for the Unit and coordinates special meetings for the annual audit
- May produce agenda and minutes for Unit meetings
- Prepares documents, reports, composes letters and acknowledgement
- Processes quarterly local rebates
- Checks and records Trustee audit reports
- Provides updated TARs report to 1st VP/Treasurer and RVP’s
- Processes Local honoraria and own time wage claims
- Reconciles various monthly accounts (e.g. Local Receivables)
- Processes daily interface of staff advances, expenses and wellness fund
- Daily deposit of miscellaneous cash/cheques received and stop payments
- Processes rebates for Area/Labour council
- Maintains and updates procedures manuals of own position
- May train others in their area of responsibility
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 2 year a Community College Certificate in Accounting or Business or a one year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of experience and education) and two years of related accounting experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Numeracy Skills
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of principles of accounting principles
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
email@example.com quoting - #18.045 - Secretary #1 (21-01), Accounting Unit, Head Office, no later than July 23, 2019.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.