Job Opportunity - Secretary #1 (13-01), Negotiations Unit, Head Office
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Title: Secretary #1 (13-01), Negotiations Unit
Location: Local Services & Collective Bargaining Division, OPSEU Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to: Supervisor, Negotiations Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,340.00 to $1,398.00 per week (Range 5 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Responds to general inquiries
- Takes minutes or recordings of meetings as required
- Receives and takes messages and refers to the proper individual
- May organize large mail out of resource materials as requested
- Books appointments and meetings for the Unit and coordinates special conferences as required
- Produces agenda and minutes for Unit meetings in the absence of an Administrative Assistant
- Maintains and updates records for filing systems and/or databases
- Compiles summary reports from information as requested
- Prepares documents, reports, briefs, composes letters and acknowledgement
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness and content
- May make arrangements for meetings and may assist in organizing conferences including registration
- Assists in organizing materials for distribution
- Composes and updates information for the OPSEU website
- Maintains and updates procedures manuals of own position
- May train others in their area of responsibility
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Two year Community College Certificate or one year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of experience and education) and two years related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of principles and basic office management
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and of own unit and familiarity of other Units in the organization
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Secretary #1 (13-01), Negotiations Unit, Head Office #18.035, no later than December 13, 2018.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.