Job Opportunity: Receptionist #1 (952-01)
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Position: Receptionist #1 (952-01)
Location: Conferences Unit, Financial Services Division, 100 Lesmill Rd. Toronto, ON.
Reporting To: Supervisor, Conferences Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,154.00 to $1,200.00 per week (Range 4 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries to proper individuals
- Directs visitors and issues visitor access passes
- Monitors entrance doors and parking area
- Receives and distributes mail
- Packages mail for weekly courier as required
- May maintain log/schedules/calendars
- Books meeting space, updates meeting logs and posts meeting room schedule
- May determine needs and orders supplies for the office
- Monitors the signing out of office equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- One year Community College Certificate or one year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of experience and education) and two years of related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and of own unit
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
A total of 60% or greater on the test must be achieved to proceed to the interview. An overall score of 60% must be achieved to obtain the position.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Receptionist #19.004, no later than February 8, 2019 before 4:30 pm.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.